Microneedling treats many skin-related complaints, including:
Signs of aging
Skin pigmentation, dark spots
Loose skin, such as after weight loss or liposuction
In addition, topical hyaluronic acid, Retinol or vitamin C, is used in combination with microneedling to cause absorption deeper into the skin. This can boost the treatment of a variety of issues, including acne scarring, wrinkles and acne.
How Long Does It Take To See Results From Micro-Needling?
Most patients see results after the first treatment. Individual results vary depending on individual skin health. It is most common to begin to see true changes or positive results as soon as 1-2 weeks after the first treatment. Most clients will require 3-6 treatments to see the best results, though some will not need as many sessions.
Who is not a good candidate for microneedling?
Individuals with an active skin infection
Individuals with an active acne breakout
Individuals prone to Keloid scarring
Active Rosacea flare up
Pregnant/breast feeding females
Are there risks?
The primary risk is skin irritation after the procedure. Redness, similar to a sunburn, will disappear within 24-48 hours after the procedure, but most subside the same day.
Other side effects could include:
Flaking of the skin
Infection (very rare, less than 1%)
Regular makeup and skin care routines may be resumed 24 hours from treatment.
How often can I receive Microneedling treatments?
4 weeks need to be allowed between treatments to provide the skin optimal cell renewal time and to prevent scarring. Topical serums used between treatments will enhance the clients results.
Which Areas on the Body Can Be Treated?
Microneedling isn't exclusive to just the face area. The treatment can be done anywhere the skin on the body needs to be thickened, particularly those that have stretch marks, like the legs, chest, or butt. 4 to 6 sessions on average usually do the trick.
What to do before my procedure?
You will be asked to discontinue use of Retin A, Retinols, Vitamin A creams and other topic medications for 3-5 days before your micro needling treatment. It is required that you wear a sunscreen daily and use the appropriate home care topical products.
- No sunscreen OR makeup for 12 hours following treatment.
- Wash the face a few hours after treatment or before bed time using a gentle facial cleanser. Gently massage the face with tepid water (a shower can provide an easier ability to massage the face while washing at the same time), and remove all serum and dried blood.
- This will improve the appearance of the skin and also allow for better subsequent absorption of Hyaluronic Serum.
- 12-72 hours post-treatment, makeup can be applied (preferably mineral makeup), but continue using a gentle cleanser, Hyaluronic acid serum, and physical sunblock with an SPF of 25 or higher.
- After 48 to 72 hours following treatment client can return to regular skin care regimen. Retinol products are strongly suggested to use for optimal results.
- Avoid alcohol-based toners for 10-14 days as well as excessive sun exposure for 10 days.
- Stay hydrated - It is important to stay hydrated before and after your procedure to help your skin heal and rejuvenate faster.
- No swimming or sun exposure for 72 hours after treatment.
Stimulate and Regenerate: To get the most out of your Microneedling treatment, the use of collagen-stimulating peptides is recommended as this helps the regeneration process and can maximize the stimulation that has already been triggered by Microneedling.